July 18, 2011

CHRISTMAS IN JULY- Fabric Scrap Christmas Tree

I'll admit that I would listen to Christmas music all year round if my family would allow it. Christmas in July was the best idea ever invented. It's so fun to search around and find fun "Christmasy" things during the summer. When I find a crafty project to do it has to be one I can accomplish in one sitting and for only a few hours. I can't have unfinished projects laying around all over my house. I love this tutorial for that reason. I also love that it has the possibility of looking very old if the right kind of fabric is used. I can just picture a woman sitting in her home by the light of the fire and taking scraps of old dresses to making something like this for her family. Here is the complete tutorial. It comes from a fun blog- preferablyprim. preferablyprim.blogspot.com/2009/11/homespun-raggy-prim-christmas-tree.html

No comments: