October 06, 2011

My Bonnet is Full of Pears

Our tree is literally spilling pears faster than we can pick them up.  I don't have time to bottle any before they spoil so, we are the "neighborhood pear people" going around with grocery sacks full and giving them to our neighbors.

My oven is full of crisp. Yummy.  I had never tried pear crisp before.  I was skeptical at first, but now it's my favorite.  It is not as tart and not so sweet.  The pears just melt in your mouth. Delicious!!

My evenings are full of.......well, I am not quite sure what this is, but it is amazing.  She was suppose to be cleaning her toy closet but I think more playing got done than picking up.  Maybe you can call her a cooking beaver fairy who happens to be cold.  Got to love those kids.

Don't forget to see get in on the fun for "Tula".  She will be flying away to someone's house on Saturday.  Scroll down a couple of posts to see how.

7 comments:

Angela said...

Wow,you are blessed with pears and the squirrels got ALL of ours this year. Not only pears, our pecans also. Sure wish we were neighbors. My cousin makes the best pear perserves and always shares with me. Love the picture of your daughter. Don't kids have great imagination. Too cute. Have a great day.
Angela

Christine said...

Love the bonnet full of pears! Like sthg from the set of Little House on the Prairie!
Your daughter has clearly enjoyed 'tidying' up! Very creative of her - she must take after her mom!! :-)
Best wishes
Christine

Raymond Homestead said...

What a neat idea, putting the pears in a bonnet! The crisp looks yummy!

annie said...

Wish I were there, I would love to have them. It is so kind of you to share. I made a crisp with some the other night, and mixed in a couple of tart apples, and about half a cup of blueberries, out of the freezer, that my husband picked early in the summer. It was grape color when it came out of the oven from the berries but very good! Your daughter looks so cute!

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Steph~ the pears looks so yummy~ and crisp never did it with pears, going to give it a try!! Your daughter looks so cute~ dressed up for fun!!
enjoy the day~
smiles
Teresa

TheCrankyCrow said...

So wishing I lived in your neighborhood!!! That is one of my favorite fruits - and they don't grow in these parts....Oh yummm on that pear crisp - looks and sounds positively divine....And your daughter is a little doll....how creative is she (and getting out of cleaning is pretty dang creative too!) Hope you had a wonderful day! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Firecracker Kid said...

Ahh yum, pears I love and mmmm pear crisp... why not I say. I love apple crisp too. That's so neighborly of you to share your pears :o)
Oh, I see someone else has got the creative bug too. How cute :o)
Hugs~Carol