June 14, 2012

Surprises and My Little Kitty

Happy Flag Day!!!  These couple of months are very special with Memorial Day, Flag Day, and the 4th of July to celebrate.  And now, thanks to sweet Sheila (Season's of Thy Heart), I have some fun things to help my decorate my house for the holidays with.
She sent me this wonderful R.A.K. 
She makes the most wonderful floral arrangements.  I am honored to have this in my home.  All this wonderful fabric will make so many neat things.

Aren't these the cutest flag bowl fillers?  And this neat basket can be tucked into so many places.

She also sent the girls some beads and stretchy cord to craft away with.  I wanted to take a picture of the kids spread out on the floor looking at the beads and separating them, but "baby" can't seem to keep herself dressed lately.
This piece of fabric has a flag in the middle surrounded by script.  It can be made into a pillow or a wall hanging.  

So many more thanks Sheila.  You really have touched my heart.
It was so fun for me to be able to talk on the phone with you.
The girls are working on some "grungy" thank you cards.  They just know you will love them:)

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Christine with Preferably Prim has been such an inspiration to me and very loyal blogging friend.  She recently had a picture of some stacked stars on her blog that I fell in love with.  I wanted to make some of my own.  She assured me that I could be a copy cat:)  This is what I came up with.  Thanks Christine for the great idea!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you happen to see this helmet kitty in the park, at the store, at the restaurant, etc.  come say hi.  It belongs to me.
We get a lot of stares and giggles, but I let her wear it anyway.
"Meow"

Today we get to have a picnic, go to the matinee, and then to Walmart for some more Minute Maid.  They have a promotion going on and are selling cartons of their flavored fruit drink for $1 and since my kids won't drink water, we can go through a lot of this stuff in just a couple of days.
Wishing you all a wonderful and happy flag day.  Now, I have to go put mine out:)

16 comments:

Jan - Life on Buttermilk Hill said...

Hi Steph! Love the goodies Sheila sent you! Isn't it sweet that she sent "keep 'em busy" things for the girls too!! Sheila is such a generous gal.All the fabric she sent will keep mom busy for a long time too! (love your stars). I had to laugh when you said baby can't seem to stay dressed--A certain younger son thrilled our neighborhood every time he was outside and had to go potty--by the time he reached the front door he was buck nekkid--and the neighbors were on their porches hootin' and hollerin' ! :) He also insisted on wearing a plastic red fireman's hat when we went shopping! I always said--don't sweat the small stuff! :)gotta love them!!--Jan

Pendleton Primitives said...

Great post and all of those goodies are darling! The helmet kitty is too cute! Your stars turned out just perfect.
~Christina

The Rusty Thimble said...

Sweet goodies from Sheila Steph

Love your stars, can't wait to see what you make with the fabric

And that is the cutest kitty I have ever seen
Have a fun day
Hugs
brenda

Ann said...

Steph, What a neat package you received! How sweet that she included things for the girls.

Love Helmet Kitty - if you are a mom, you completely understand when you see Helmet Kitty or Pajama Puppy! I miss my kids being that young.

I was thinking of you, I took time to do some "me" crafting! ~Ann

Carmen and the Primcats said...

Love everything she sent you! That's awesome!!!

Great job on the stars!!! Cute!

Love your kitty! ;o)

Carmen and the Primcats

BumbleBeeLane said...

It's always wonderful to receive a surprise in the mailbox.Sheila is a sweet heart.I need to start doing more RAKS again.Life just gets so busy sometimes.Oh my the kitty is sooo adorable.When Brianna was little that was always the first thing she did stripped down even in the winter.LoL..Warm Blessings!~Amy

Christine said...

Sheila is such a sweetheart and so thoughtful to send you all those wonderful Americana fabrics etc! I know I love them!
Great jobs with the stars too! You are so sweet yourself to give me a mention! Thanks so much for your friendship!
Have a great time with your special girls!
Christine

Sheila said...

Steph, it was nice of you to call when you got your surprise! I hope one day our paths will cross since we really live the closest of all our blogging buddies! Happy to know the girls are busy making themselves bracelets. I hope you will share pictures when they are finished.
Love the stars you made.....now you have more fabric to create with. Enjoy!
hugz and blessings to you and yours~

Sheila said...

PS.....
how could I forget to mention that I love, love your sweet kitty! She will be grown up before you know it, so enjoy every moment!

Firecracker Kid said...

Oh my gosh, I didn't check the calendar and didn't know it was flag day. What kinda firecracker kid am I! LOL.
Bless Sheila's heart, those are awesome gifts. She is a generous soul.
Wow, what a jazzy lil kitty you have there. She's the cat's meow :)
Hugs~Carol

prims by olde lady morgan said...

Steph, what fun to recieve a RAK from Shelia!!!
Now, that is the cutest kitty I have seen in a long time! OLM

Cindi said...

Hi Steph, what a wonderful thing that must have been to go to the mailbox and receive a box like that! How very special to know you are thought of! The things are great and I can't wait to see the creations from the fabric. The stars are so cute!
Your kitty is the most special kitty in the whole world! Sure put a smile in my heart! Have a great day!
Be blessed!
Cindi

bettyj said...

what neat goodies, Steph. Love your "kittie" too. How cute. That arrangement is awesome.

Old Red Barn said...

Hi Steph, I like what you got from Sheila. I envy all your holidays. We've got .... nothing :-). Your helmet kitty is adorable. I haven't forgotten your comment about our vacation. You asked me to share our adventures because you like to live vicariously through other people. Remember? I'll keep it in mind! We're leaving in three weeks.

Goedele

Sandi @ The Primitive Skate said...

Hello Steph- I'm catching up on Blog Posts. My Internet was down foe a few days. Love all your treasures from Sheila. She does amazing work. Love the stars you made!

sandraallen260@centurytel.net

TheCrankyCrow said...

I absolutely LOVE Helmet Kitty!!! What a cutie patootie!!! And don't let this frighten you, but as recently as six months ago, my son was known to wear a helmet when he went into Walmart....and he was 20! (Didn't go over to well when he ran into our insurance agent....) :o What a fun surprise from Sweet Shelia....I so, so, love her arrangements. I bought one of her Americana light boxes last year and just brought it up a few weeks ago to enjoy for the "season." She has a gift that one does..... Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin