February 09, 2013

Whole Lotta Love 8 & 9 ~Greens and Cardboard~

Good Saturday morning everyone.  Oh, it's soooo sunny and beautiful.  The huge storm that dumped on us just passed last night and now hubby and girls are out shoveling the neighborhood while I am catching up on my blog and listening to some Simple Minds (Don't you forget about me). Ever see the Breakfast Club?  I love that show.  All of those 80's films as a matte of fact. Yup......love all kinds of music and movies.  Ok, off on a tangent there.  Ooops.
Anyway, I was trying to think about what makes me feel love and happiness.  I have so many things I love.  If you know me very well, I use the word love in about every other sentence.  See, just said it three times right there.  Ha ha.  So, after looking around my home I noticed there is a lot of green.  Which is appropriate since it's one of the three of my favorite colors.  Brown and grey being the others. I decided to share the things in my home that I love that have green.  Because.......I LOVE green:)



See the "Olde Crow" sign in the picture right above?  That was my winning from Carol over at Firecracker Kid Primitives.  I was thrilled to be lucky the lucky #4.  Thanks Carol.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now for another whole lotta love.  I am about to share a secret that maybe only two other people know about it (don't tell anyone -K-).  I have a love affair with cardboard boxes.  Oh, they make me soooo happy.  I have to have a stack in my wash room and a stack in the garage.  I don't even use them much, but once in a while I need one.  I start to panic if I don't have many.  NO, I am not a hoarder!!!!  How can you even think that?  But, I do have a supplier.  A loop around Barns and Noble and the coffee shop, in back that has the BEST cardboard in town.  I should know.  Stop laughing now.  Just a quirk that makes me........well......me.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well, gotta go.  Girl's just requested homemade cocoa with marshmallows..........and they offered some to the neighbor kids outside too.  Why do they do that?  Oh, and they just popped their heads in the door and said MARSHMALLOWS for all:)  Hooray.  I get to make an army load of hot drinks.  I am such a good mom.  TOOT TOOT.
Have a great Saturday.


12 comments:

Unknown said...

Wonderful greens in the beautiful photos!
Of course this 80's teenager knows The Breakfast Club.
Its one on my all time favorite movies.
Of course, I love all the movies with any of the "Brat Pack". :)
Stay Warm, my friend and have a fabulous weekend.
Hugs,
Tam

Primitive Stars said...

Hi Steph, love all your green pictures...so pretty...oh ya, great movie....Your to funny with the love of cardboard boxes....sweet.....Enjoy the weekend, Blessings Francine.

Earlene said...

Love the green:0)
I remeber when my kids use to do that but loved every minute of it.
I use the word love a lot too :0)
Have fun Steph.
earlene

Holly said...

Love your post. I like green too although after reading your post and looking around my home, I don't have much at all. Loved all of the pictures. Your cardboard box obsession is funny. You made me smile. Don't we all have those crazy quirky things about us that would make someone else shake their head and laugh? Guess that's what makes you you and me me. :) Hope you have a great weekend and would love to have a cup of your hot chocolate! Sounds delicious!

Susan At Glen Oaks Primitives said...

Pretty greens, Steph. Um, what do you do with all of the cardboard?(giggle)
Hugs,
Susan

Trace4J said...

Love the greens friend.
We know your silly secret now. So funny.
Extra marshmallows for me please.
Woolie hugs

Pamela@ The Sampler Makers Farmhouse said...

Lovely decorations, ~ just thought I'd stop by your blog and say hi!
Pamela

Jan - Life on Buttermilk Hill said...

Hi Steph! Yes, I remember The Breakfast Club....I'm a movie-a-holic! Love my movies!! We are collecters of cardboard also....then periodically, we go through them and get rid of a lot....then start all over again. What is so odd about that??? ;)Love your green pics--I don't have much green because I lived through the avocado period. Still have my avocado Kitchenaid mixer to prove it! LOL!---Jan

Firecracker Kid said...

OMGosh! Eighties movies, yeh, I loved 'em too even though I'm a decade ahead of you... haha! What can I say, I'm young at heart. Your Olde Crowe sign looks good on your wall and with your other decor. Yes, what a sweet thing to do for the little ones. I did those things when mine were youngsters too :)

Hugs~Carol

Sheila said...

Steph you are to funny! Beautiful photos from around your home............I don't believe I've ever heard someone admit their "love" of cardboard ~smile~
We had a bit of heavy wet snow on Friday and it created a mess while helping friends move into their new home, but it's all past now and the wind and 6 degrees is back!
Hope you had enough hot chocolate and marshmallows!!!
hugs,
Sheila

Robyn ♥ said...

Anything 80's makes me smile!! LOVE the 80's!!
Cardboard eh? lol!

Christine said...

A great fun post and very revealing too! The greens are just wonderful! I'm probably too late for hot cocoa and marshmallows... pity after you had to make sooooo many!!
Have a great week
Christine