May 08, 2013

Pull Apart Cupcake Dress

Sometimes, I do enter the kitchen to bake!!  I fell in love with the idea of a cake made of cupcakes.  Easy to serve everyone.  I needed a dessert for Middle's baptism dinner.
  I was so thrilled at how the pull apart dress cake turned out.  

The directions to the cake are here.......

The frosting recipe, however, is a family one.  It's to die for and everyone who tastes it asks for the recipe and then uses as their go to frosting themselves.  I will be nice and share:)

Wedding Cake Frosting
1/2 c. Shortening(white)
1/2 c. Real butter
1 tsp. Almond extract
4 c. Powdered sugar
Whip really well and then add:
2 tsp. Milk
Whip again until fluffy
* This is so yummy that I end up eating it plain.  It's also extremely delicious on top of sugar cookies.*

Thanks for letting me share.....even though it's not prim......and it's just family stuff:)